We are very pleased to present you with an insight into the JCC sustainability strategy. In times where the world is looking at concerted efforts to explore how we can build a sustainable future together, we reinforced our own efforts in building a sustainable business.
We are fully committed to realizing a governance structure which incorporates the principles of sustainability at all levels of our company. We believe that we provide a fertile soil for innovative ideas and developments leading to higher customer and stakeholder satisfaction. The Brundtland Commission of the United Nations defined sustainable development in 1987 as "development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs".
Building a sustainable business does not happen overnight – it is a journey, a continuous commitment that translates into coherent strategies and consistent practices such as integrated management systems. Driven by our vision and our strong value-led corporate culture, we take on our role as a partner for a sustainable future.
Professionally managed companies have moved from an approach based on reactive compliance to a process driven by a proactive vision in line with long-term company goals.
Quality, safety and corporate accountability are the principles upon which JCC conducts its business. For us, sustainability includes the following:
- Needs, rights and values of our customers
- Continuous improvement of our products and services
- Compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations and constant efforts to reduce our impact
- Environmental responsibility
- JCC's facilities must operate safely and be considerate of the community in which they operate
- We respect our fellow human beings and the environment
- We are guided by ethical principles